Award amount: $500.00
Application deadline: May 1, 2021
Every year, changes are made to our programs as well as our departments. As a result, we feel it is important to recognize leadership exhibited by the teachers in our departments. This award recognizes a teacher who has assumed leadership responsibility in some manner during the school year for the department, school and/or district.
The following are examples of criteria that may assist you in selecting a suitable candidate from your department:
- Teacher volunteers to take on extra responsibilities in the department
- Teacher takes on a mentoring role, with or without the existence of a formal mentoring program
- Teacher presents at a professional organization’s event or serves as a turn-key trainer for the department
- Teacher serves as a cooperating teacher for a student teacher
- Teacher initiates new innovative programs, organizes trips, and /or student exchanges
To nominate a teacher for the teacher leadership award, please complete the Google Form application by clicking on the link below. The application includes a teacher recommendation letter. In this letter, please describe how your candidate has assumed leadership responsibility during the school year for the department, school and/or district.