Award Amount: $500.00
Application Deadline: May 1, 2021
This award is given to seniors who exhibit outstanding achievement in the study of a world language. The student must demonstrate academic excellence in their course of study and plan on pursuing the study of world languages in college.
Kindly help the NYSAWLA Scholarship Committee get to know you better by completing/submitting the following information to your world language teacher, who will then submit it to NYSAWLA on your behalf:
- Save a copy of your official transcript as a PDF file.
- Request a letter of recommendation from your current grade 12 World Language teacher, that includes information about your overall qualifications, interest in the language, and academic performance in your Grade 12 language class.
- Create a video resume and upload it as a YouTube link.
Your video resume should sell yourself to the committee. It is really a commercial about you! It should answer the question: Why are languages important to you?
Example video topics:
- What impact have languages had on your life?
- What impact will you have on the world?
- What are your future plans? College? Which one? Why? How do you plan to use the language(s) you have studied?
- Have you used your study of world languages in your community? If so, how?
TEACHER OF APPLICANT:
Please have the following items ready when submitting the application:
- YouTube video link
- PDF file of Applicant’s Transcript
- PDF file of your Teacher Recommendation letter
NOTE: If you are unable to upload files while in the Google Form, please contact Laurie Marshall-Lauria, firstname.lastname@example.org or Tara Tassani, email@example.com.